Important advice on completing your application
The decision to invite you for longlist (first) interview is based on the information you give in your application. Available via this website, you can access a Role Profile for the post – provided when you fill out brief details on the Deputy City Treasurer or Head of Environment, Planning and Infrastructure role webpages. You should read this carefully as the information will help you to decide if you wish to apply for the job. The Role Profile lists the descriptors and accountabilities of the role, followed by the Key Competencies and Technical Requirements needed to do the job.
Also provided are a list of specific “Experience Requirements” against which candidates should respond in their supporting statement. This list will be used throughout the assessment processes to select candidates. The Role Profile will be referred to during interviews and assessments and for the postholder once in role.
Please see further information in the tabs below.
Please note that the timetable may change. Any changes will be indicated on this recruitment website. If in doubt, please contact us to discuss.
We have provided more information on this Proventure website that will help you to produce your application. Please take your time to review this before sending your documents to us. The information provided will give you the tools you need to maximise the impact of your application.
If you have any queries about this appointment, about your application, or would like an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Mark Tobin on 07717 725 844 or Stephen Cooley on 07747 698 829. They will be pleased to take your call.
Please contact Proventure Consulting on 0161 835 3377 if you have a disability and wish to make alternative arrangements. If you have difficulty in completing your application we will be happy to consider an alternative application, eg: tape or Braille.
Should you require any adjustments to be made to the selection process arising from any disability please notify us of your needs.
|Deputy City Treasurer – Milestone||Date|
|Closing date||Monday 7 December|
|Technical (First) Interview||from w/c 21 December TBC.|
|Assessment centre and Final Panel interview||w/c 11 or w/c 18 January (assessments)
Monday 25 January (final panel interview)
|Environment, Planning + Infrastructure – Milestone||Date|
|Closing date||Wednesday 30 December|
|Technical (First) Interview||w/c 18 January TBC|
|Assessment centre and Final Panel interview||w/c 1 or 8 February TBC|
Help in compiling your application can be found on the Proventure Website. Your application for the role should be made up of:
- A completed CV – please include your name but remove your personal details such as your postal and email addresses, DOB and phone numbers.
- A covering letter, explaining your interest in the role and outline of your current salary package. Also, please include details of any connections or relationships you may have with employees, councillors or their families at Manchester City Council.
- A response to the 9 (Dep.Treasurer) or 8 (Head of EP+I) Qualifications and Experience Requirements. Note To access the role relevant Role Profile and Experience Requirements (if you have not already done so) please go to the role’s specific web page and go to the bottom of the page. Here you can fill out your contact details, click submit and you will be taken to another webpage where a PDF link for the Role Profile and Experience Requirements will be present. It might be worth saving both PDFs for future use to save you time filling out your details again.
- In your covering email please provide us with your contact details – email address(es), phone numbers and the location where you live.
- A completed MCC Equal Opportunities Form
(Depending on your internet browser you may need to “save link as” to save file and then be able to view this Word document).
Please indicate in your covering letter if there are any dates when you would be unavailable for interview.
In responding to the required experience criteria items, you should consider your own experience and suitability for the role. We suggest that you take each criteria item individually and then provide your evidence point by point. For each item outline the role in which you have shown the necessary experience and how you have demonstrated this (the skills and behaviours you have displayed). You should then provide one good example for each item, describing the challenge or issue you faced, what you did and the outcome achieved. Outcomes should be concrete, clearly quantified or evidenced.
You should aim to use no more than one third or half a page for each item response to the criteria; bullet points are OK. Please do not get fixated on the length of the application but try to avoid being over long.
In your cover letter please also provide the names, positions, organisations, email address and telephone contact numbers of two individuals who could be approached as referees, one of which should be from your existing/last employer. We will only approach referees if you are invited to attend the final stages of the process, and will only do so having first requested your permission. Also, please outline your current remuneration and any dates on which you would be unavailable for interview.
Please remember to complete the MCC Equal Opportunities Form. We use the information to help us in assessing the effectiveness of our Equal Opportunities Policy.